Driving License Renewal Process in Bangladesh
Nowadays, driving license is very important for motorcycles and other vehicles. The information required for renewal of driving license is:(a) Amateurs:
The customer should first submit the prescribed fee (within 15 days of expiry of Tk. 2427/- and after 15 days with penalty of Tk. 230/- per year) and apply to the specified circle office of BRTA along with necessary documents. Biometrics (digital photograph, digital signature and fingerprints) of the customer are accepted on the same day if the application form and attached documents are found correct. When the smart card printing is completed, the customer is informed through SMS.(b) Professional:
Professional driving license holders are required to retake a practical test. After passing the examination, one has to submit the prescribed fee (Tk. 1565/- if within 15 days of expiry and Tk. 230/- per year after 15 days of expiry with penalty) and apply to the designated circle office of BRTA along with necessary documents. The customer has to attend the designated circle office for taking biometrics (digital photograph, digital signature and fingerprints) of the customer. When all the processes of smart card printing are completed, the customer is notified through SMS.Required Documents:
1. Application in prescribed form.
2. Medical certificate by registered doctor.
3. Attested photocopy of National ID Card.
4. Certificate of Educational Qualification;
5. Receipt of deposit of prescribed fee.
6. Police Investigation Report for Professional Driving Licence.
7. 1 copy of passport and 1 copy of stamp size photograph taken recently.