Adjustment method of Drum type brake of Motorcycle
Brakes are the most important part of your mechanical vehicle. It plays a big role in saving your life on the road. So taking care of the brakes is one of the routine tasks. Here are expert tips on motorcycle brake maintenance.Drum Type Front Brake Adjustment:
1) Apply pressure on the front brake lever to see exactly at what point the brake starts to work on your motorcycle. There should be a distance of 10-20 mm between the released position and the position where the brake is applied.
2) Make this adjustment of the brake properly using the adjustment nut. This nut is located on the front brake arm.
3) After holding the brake and releasing it, check whether the motorcycle runs smoothly. Remember, if you can't adjust the brakes properly this way, take it to a nearby workshop to get it fixed.Drum Tie Rear Brake Adjustment:
1) Place the bike on the main stand.
2) Press the foot brake pedal and see how far the brake is applied. There should be a distance of 20-30 mm between the pressure free position and the brake actuation position.
3) If this is not the case, adjust it by turning the rear brake adjustment nut. This nut will meet the rear brake arm pin.
4) After fixing, similarly check whether the motorcycle runs smoothly after releasing the brake.
If the adjustment cannot be done correctly, it must be taken to a professional mechanic.
Source: Hero Motors